Yes, you read that right:
Um, where have these been hiding?? Oh ya, under my "baking" board on Pinterest.. That's where.
Since i've been on maternity leave, I've been addicted to nothing but, cooking and baking. I guess this is my kind of "nesting". Don't worry though, I still had time to clean and reorganize like most "nesting" mommas.
Anyway, onto the good stuff. I am no chocolate lover..
I can honestly go without chocolate.. Wait, scratch that, I am more of a NO chocolate candy bar lover... That's more like it. But these were amazing. And were semi-sweet, so the chocolate wasn't so overpowering.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or a mix of whole wheat and all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed (or dark brown)
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 large ones)
- 1/4 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt (or any plain/vanilla yogurt)
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3/4 cup milk (almond, soy, cow, or rice milk work)
- 1/2 cup (or less, depending on your taste) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees Spray 15 muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey and brown sugar. (It will be thick and lumpy, try to get out as much lumps as you can). Add the mashed banana, yogurt, and beaten egg. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Gently fold it all together.
- Add the milk slowly in portions, and continue to gently mix the ingredients together. The milk will thin everything out, but the batter will eventually remain thick once you get it fully incorporated together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then fold in the raspberries GENTLY. (you don't want to over mix the raspberries because then you will turn the batter pink from the juices).
- Divide the batter between the 15 muffin tins. Fill to the top and sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips if desired. Bake the first 12, then the last three in another batch. Fill the empty muffin tins halfway with water in the second batch to ensure even baking and prevent your pan from warping.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until lightly browned on the edges. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Allow muffins to cool completely... Enjoy!
Note: Do not use cupcake liners, muffins will stick to liners. If you do use liners, spray the liners with nonstick spray as well. Makes about 15 muffins. Original Source: Raspberry Muffins